Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Marie's Cake

I made this green 9 inch round cake for my cousin Marie's birthday. We've only been in our new house a week so it was kind of a rushed job so I'm proud of how it turned out even though it's not my best work.
 I used a chocolate box cake with store bought chocolate frosting for the filling. I used my bosch to make the buttercream frosting and I think I'll do that from now on because it was much easier and creamier. The only problem with making that way was it was hard to tell how thin or thick it was until I started working with it. I was going to do green roses in the middle but ran out of time so it ended up being some sort of swirly flower. I used a #18 star tip for the swirls on top and star boarder. The lines on top were melted chocolate that I had extra of so I decided to throw it on top. The best thing about cakes is that even when they don't quite look the way you invisioned it still tastes delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment