Tuesday, April 24, 2012

J Dragon Cake

My nephew J turned 4 and I got to make him a dragon cake because he is obsessed with all things dragon. I decided about 1 week before to make the cake so I couldn't put my usual prep into it. It started as a small cake with 1 dragon on top, then turned into 1 dragon on top with dinosaurs on the side. It ended up with a dragon cave, dragon shadow, and dinosaur shadows on the side. After I finished I realized how similar it looked to T's cake, but J still loved it!


I made a chocolate cake mix cake with buttercream frosting on top. But my sis wanted something oreo involved so I found an oreo filling that was delicious! We had leftover that we ate on graham crackers for a week!

 I made the cave look great with crushed oreo cookies and chocolate fondant for the front. All of the shadows were chocolate fondant cut with my cricut cake machine but these were just outlines that could be cut with cookie cutters as well.
So a pretty simple cake, but he loved it and at the end of the day that's what matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment